Saturday, November 23, 2019

The Clash - Live at Shea Stadium [honorable mention]

:-) [Almost bought this, mostly because I saw them on this tour, I think on August 18,1992 at the Stanley Theater in Pittsburgh, with my brother. That would have been about two months before this recording. I remember thinking they were a huge disappointment live. But it was an important moment in my life with my brother, and so I was tempted. This album kind of supports the idea that the show was bad, because this is bad, although by the last few songs they end up killing it. It is also the only full-show live album by the band, and it's kind of a historic event, opening for The Who. But even after all that, I'm trying to keep down the physicals, I can stream this anytime, and it's really not an essential document. Not going to buy it just for nostalgic reasons.]

No comments:

Post a Comment