Sunday, August 18, 2024

Richard Hell/Robert Quine - Hell/Quine [EP] [placeholder]


I wish I had known about this at the time it was released. I would have snagged a copy. It's basically 3 tracks on a one-sided LP and now sells for way too much money. Here are the 3 tracks:

(1) Hell singing "Time" with Ivan Julian on guitar at Quine's memorial.
(2) The guitar pieces composed and played by Quine as background music for Hell's 1995 essentially spoken-word release Go Now, while Hell reads from his novel of the same name. I've listened to that single-track EP basically 3 times (really twice and once fast-forwarding through the parts without the guitar "mood" tracks). The guitar parts are nice and I'd like to have them in their pure form as on this release. 
(3) Hell reading from his journals at and around the time Quine ended his own life.

So, I don't need to hear the plain readings on track 3, and the version of "Time" that is track 1 on this is included on Destiny Street Complete, which I have, so that leaves track 2. The running time on that track is almost exactly the same as the snippets of guitar background on Go Now if you add them up (I actually timed them), so I assume I have heard track 2. Anyway, I would love to have a digital file of it. Maybe someone will send me a link one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment