Friday, August 9, 2024

Eno/Cale - Wrong Way Up: 9.5 (high A)


Reissued in 2020 with 2 bonus tracks, but apparently unremastered or anything. It was first issued in the CD era anyway (1990), so probably not much need for remastering. Although I note that the CD economy was still in its infancy at the time, and I bet they wanted to include those 2 tracks on the CD, but they wouldn't fit on the vinyl version, which is at its limit with the first 10 songs, and so the CD was kept the same as the vinyl.

I played this heavily when it came out. In fact, it defined that period of my life. You know how that happens -- sets the tone of things for you for a few months, bringing you joy. I played the whole album again, with bonus tracks this time, 3x, in connection with this post, which doesn't happen much. Ie, I really wanted to play it again, like I do every time I think about it. To me, that's the mark of a 9 (A) album or higher. Not biting on the reissue though.

The 2 bonus tracks are, variously (depending on the reissue), 2 of the following: "Grandfather's House," "Palanquin," and "You Don't Miss Your Water."

No comments:

Post a Comment