Monday, December 24, 2018

Various Artists - Hard Rock Cafe: Party Rock: 3.5 stars


I paid $4.95 for my copy at Amoeba in LA (still has the price sticker), after Christgau's '90's book came out and rated it the 11th best album of 1998 (!) and a full A. In those days, if you wanted to hear some of these songs, you had to have the disc, so I bought it as an excellent source of some of these tracks. Now, this kind of thing obviously makes no sense at all. And there's no point in cluttering up the shelves with this, other than for collector purposes. My copy is missing the inlay card, which makes it even less useful as a collector's item. It's also a promo. What to do? No used record store would even look at it, and I can't bring myself to throw it out. I'm putting it in my box of CDs that I recently took off the shelves because I no longer stand behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment