Friday, August 28, 2026

Dolly Parton - I Will Always Love You: The Essential Dolly Parton, Vol. 1 [RCA, 1995]: notation


I could find 19 out of 20 songs on Spotify ("To Daddy" (1976) is the one I could not find). Of those 19, a full 13 are on The Essential Dolly Parton [RCA/Legacy 2005]. Of the remaining six, a full four of them are from the 1985 album Real Love, one is from Great Balls of Fire, and one is from Heartbreak Express. (I did not scientifically double-check all this, so there may be some small errors. Sue me, non-existent readers.) I listened to the 19 songs a couple times to get the flow, but there seems to be nothing to recommend this over the 2005 The Essential and a copy of Real Love, which would get you 85% of the way there. Nice cleavage, as everyone knows. I'm a major, and proud, assman myself, just for the record. I know Dolly would sympathize. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment