Before 11/2020, grades range from 5 to 3.5 stars. After that, grade range is: 10 (A+), 9.5 (high A), 9 (A), 8.5 (high A-), 8 (A-), 7.5 (high B+), and 7 (B+). Ungraded albums are noted as liked :-) (honorable mention), neutral :-|, and disliked :-(. At least 4 listens per graded album and 3 listens per ungraded album. Search "Grade Post" for more info. I sold/shelved ~10,000 albums after at least 3 or 4 listens, respectively, before starting this blog and will add entries for those as they arise.
Thursday, April 30, 2020
Neil Young - Are You Passionate?: neutral
I'm on the fence with Christgau's three-star honorable mention albums for Neil. I really like Greendale, especially after seeing it live, and also went for Harvest Moon because it's so loved. But this, Unplugged and Peace Trail are a pass. This is consistent with Allmusic users and critics alike (although less so for Unplugged, but I'm also biased against that one because it's live, and especially acoustic). Tom Hull gives this one an 8 (A-), so maybe I'm missing something a little here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment