Sunday, November 25, 2018

L7 - Fast and Frightening: 3.5 stars


Complicated decision on this one. Disc One is an odds and sods/grotty-live collection. Usually I don't buy those, although I admit that many of these songs are worth getting to know. Disc Two includes two bootlegs, one of which I easily found online to give a shot, and the other was previously released on an album called Wireless, both of which I will review at some later date. So this rating is really for Disc One, which is freely streamable on all services and essentially digital-only, which I don't do. Long story short, I'm not paying import prices for a digital-only B plus (or even low A minus if that's what it is) odds and sods collection which has been padded out to a two-disc physical with bootlegs (one of which was previously released). Release it domestically on a single disc and I would buy it. But it's obvious how much I love the band by how much I have agonized over this. Plus, when you already have 8000 CDs in a house, and have spent god knows how much money on music, you grasp at straws to keep the spending down.

No comments:

Post a Comment