Sunday, November 25, 2018

Flipper - Blow'n Chunks: 3.5 stars


I actually like this but won't be buying it. It's live, which I'm biased against, and I like having only their original Subterranean releases, minus the final single "Some Day" b/w "Distant Illusion," which, while on Subterranean, was issued in 1990 and the songs were remade (or just included) on American Grafishy, which I have not collected; and it's post-Will Shatter and so not the "real" line-up (I did listen to that single 3x on YouTube and would grade it B+). All the other Subterranean singles are on Sex Bomb Baby! and are therefore associated with their early brilliant period. As a final nail in this one's coffin: I have their Subterranean live release, Public Flipper Limited. [Later note: I now have a copy of Live at CBGB's and will evaluate that in due course. The only other thing to try would be Nurnberg Fish Trails (live in 1991), but I will never find that, and it's poorly-rated on Discogs.] [4 listens]

No comments:

Post a Comment