Saturday, September 1, 2018

Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield: 9.5 (high A) + batch review


Clearly, there should be a two CD re-release with all 100 minutes of the music on their 3 studio albums. I have also listened to the 25 minutes of songs from each of those 3 albums that are not on this comp. They did a good job boiling this down to what would fit on 2 LPs. Here are my grades for the 3 albums, which I have never bothered getting -- too much shelf space for that 25 minutes of music, although I have considered getting Again individually, as the best of them:

Buffalo Springfield - 7 (B+)
Again - 7.5 (high B+)
Last Time Around - 7 (B+)

I also listened to Retrospective, thinking maybe a single, 40 minute disc with great audio would be nice. But it was re-issued in 1987 and never remastered, so I'll stick with this classic comp.

No comments:

Post a Comment