Saturday, September 12, 2026

Fairport Convention - Fairport Chronicles: notation

Ignoring one trifle, Fairport Chronicles has the following unique songs not on Meet on the Ledge:

     "Listen, Listen" (a Sandy Denny song)
     "Bridge Over the River Ash" (without Richard Thompson)
     "My Girl the Month of May"
     "Million Dollar Bash"
     "The Way I Feel"
     "Learning the Game"

Versus the following unique songs on Meet on the Ledge that are not on Fairport Chronicles:

     "Chelsea Morning"
     "Mr. Lacey"
     "Book Song"
     "A Sailor's Life"
     "Matty Groves"
     "Crazy Man Michael"
     "Bonny Bunch of Roses"
     "Poor Will and the Jolly Hangman"
     "Journeyman's Grace"
     "John Lee"
     "Rosie"
     "The Plainsman"
     "The Hexhamshire Lass"
     "Polly on the Shore"
     "Bring 'Em Down"
     "Rising for the Moon"
     "White Dress"
     "Stranger to Himself"
     "One More Chance"

I wanted to listen to the unique songs on Chronicles four times, just to be thorough, but I couldn't find most of them, and since there are so few of them, I just skipped that. Separate post on Ledge to come eventually. Very nice copies of Chronicles are available for excellent prices, but I had to resist the temptation, for just six songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment