Sunday, April 7, 2024

Elvis Presley - Elvis [NBC-TV Special]: 7 (B+)


Mix of studio production numbers including medleys of his songs, "sit-down" performances and "stand-up" numbers with an orchestra. Soundtrack to the TV special, which I also watched. # [mixed tv special soundtracks] The production included two sit-down shows and two stand-up shows. I listened to both stand-up shows once and the second one twice. Counting that as 3 listens, I’d give those 7 (B+) (could do without the strings). That just leaves the sit-down shows. For that, I'll just listen to Tiger Man, because Hull recommends it so highly. Not going to bother with the second show. I'm sure it's very similar and RCA chose the other one, so it must be at least a hair better. I did buy a copy of Memories: The '68 Comeback Special when it came out a quarter century ago, but it's got so many repeat tracks, and includes the full special, so I'm going to put that in the sell pile and get a copy of Tiger Man to represent that whole extravaganza.

No comments:

Post a Comment