Friday, January 20, 2023

John Fogerty - The Long Road Home: X stars

No grade in this case, but not because it can't be assigned one obviously. The problem I have with this is that all the Creedence songs are on other albums I own, with the exception of "Born on the Bayou." I thought this one was on Chronicle but it's not. Turns out I'm not the only person who has noticed this. There's a thread on the Hoffman forums where this is discussed briefly. Shockingly, it was not a charting single, and that comp only included charting singles, so it was left off. Anyway, because it's so familiar, I put it in the "on other albums" category. That means the album offers the following 5 Fogerty solo tracks:

"Centerfield" and "The Old Man Down the Road" from Centerfield (1985)
"Rambunctious Boy" and "Hot Rod Heart" from Blue Moon Swamp (1997)
"Deja Vu (All Over Again)" from Deja Vu All Over Again (2004)

Nevertheless, I mistakenly bought this comp when it came out. I de-shelved it in 2022. I'm not a big fan of Fogerty or Creedence, and it's not worth cluttering up the shelves for the 5 Fogerty solo tracks (plus, I should mention, some live tracks).

No comments:

Post a Comment