Sunday, January 1, 2023

Converge - Jane Doe [honorable mention]

I usually don't post album covers for anything ungraded, but I'm making an exception for this one to commemorate the accomplishment of actually giving it 3 good listens. Are there really people who get enjoyment out of this? Or would they say it's not enjoyment precisely, but catharsis or something else? My emotional/aesthetic reaction was more accurately "neutral," but I upped it to honorable mention for the obvious effort it took to record. (I even toyed with the idea of buying a physical, as in, getting the cheapest used, beat up copy I could find, as a symbol of something, for a couple bucks. I mainly did this as a thought experiment, but what I found is that for some reason even copies like that are priced over $10 plus shipping for some reason.)

No comments:

Post a Comment