Sunday, September 25, 2022

Britney Spears - The Essential [placeholder]

I have 13 out of 32 songs on here (40%). The remaining 19 are 15 from her first four albums, 3 from two of her greatest hits albums, and 1 from that will.i.am album. Having just the first disc would get me there with its 15 tracks, minus the 3 from two of her greatest hits and the 1 from the will.i.am. But a better alternative would be getting Greatest Hits: My Prerogative with its 17 tracks, which would get me to the same place as the first disc, minus “From the Bottom of My Broken Heart” (from her first album) but plus two from her greatest hits on Essential disc 2 and 1 unique to this (“I’ve Just Begun (Having My Fun)”) . From Essential, with what I already own, I would be missing only “From the Bottom of My Broken Heart,” one of the greatest hits (“3), and the will.i.am (“Scream & Shout”). I listened to My Prerogative once to see if I should go for it, but it didn't strike me as necessary. I've listened to all those songs at least 3 times before in rating those albums, and I didn't necessarily like them condensed in this configuration any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment