Saturday, April 17, 2021

The Plastic People of the Universe - Bez Ohnu Je Underground [placeholder]

 

I spent way too much time looking for a file of this online and came up empty. This was because it is the only thing rated 8 or above in the Spin guide that I haven't heard. I did find two or three songs online, and they did sound good. And I did find copies for normal import prices (~$25 or so), but decided not to spring for it without hearing it first. I need to buy less physicals, I hadn't heard it, the reviewer over-rates some of their other work, this is a live album, which I tend not to like, and neither Hull nor Christgau appear to have heard it, or did and didn't rate it. Plus, I'm more impressed by the concept of the band than I am by their actual music.

No comments:

Post a Comment