Thursday, August 8, 2019

Dub Syndicate - Classic Selection, Volume 1: 8 (A-)


Spin gives this a 9 out of 10. I could have splurged for the On-U Sound box, like I did for African Head Charge, but I just don't want or need all that Dub Syndicate, unlike with AHC, where it was somewhat justified by all the great reviews of each of the albums. Interestingly, the Spin guide gives the first four albums in the AHC box a combined grade of 33, while the DS box's four get 31. Plus, I got the AHC box for $27, while the DS box, which is less good, goes for more at $35 or more. So this will be the entirety of my DS collection. It's better than any of the individual releases in the box, and only contains four tracks from those four albums, two of which may have been remixed for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment