Saturday, July 21, 2018

Dave Edmunds - batch review

Repeat When Necessary: 7 (B+)
Get It: 7 (B+)
Tracks on Wax 4: 7.5 (high B+) [out of print, too expensive, and I think I owned it once]

# [pub rock] Agonized over whether to buy the 5-CD set Original Album Series anyway, because it was dirt cheap when I was looking at it, and it contains all three of these, but I decided against it, and now it's very expensive. Repeat When Necessary is probably his key work, from what I can tell, but I like Tracks marginally better.

This also covers the 1981 best-of on Swan Song, which contains only songs from these albums, plus three from Twangin' ("The Race is On," "Almost Saturday Night," and "Singin' the Blues"). I played each of those 3 times and will not listen to the full album. [Eventually listened to the full album, see separate review.]

No comments:

Post a Comment