Sunday, September 12, 2021

The Mekons - The Mekons: 7.5 (high B+)

a/k/a Devils, Rats & Piggies -- A Special Message from Godzilla. Normally, I would buy this, but it's OOP and used copies are selling for too much for a B+. I'm just barely a Mekons a completist, in that, I'll skip this, probably the debut, and also the three-album run from the mid- to late-90's: Return From Memphis, Me, and Journey to the End of the Night. On the last three, I'm virtually certain I've owned them all, but sold them back at some time or other (and they may even be hiding in the house somewhere, in which case, when I find them, I'll have to figure out what to do with them). Anyway, they are poorly rated on Allmusic (by the site anyway), and also by Christgau and Hull. The only one that seems possibly maybe worth it is the last, which is highly regarded by a small minority.

No comments:

Post a Comment