Sunday, May 30, 2021

Dillinger - The Prime of Dillinger: Gangster, Prankster and Rasta

 

Placeholder. I have Ultimate Collection, and I'm sticking with that. The 15 track US version of this (as opposed to the 20 track UK version) has the following songs which are not on Ultimate Collection:

Marcus Garvey - great, but see separate view of album Cornbread, upon which it appeared
Killer Man Jaro - not good
Caymanas Park/Dub - not good
Natty Kung Fu - fine
Three Piece Suit and a Thing - good
Left With a Broken Heart - okay
Blackboard Jungle - great
Don't Take Another Man's Life - okay

Ultimate Collection also obviously has songs on it that this doesn't have. I'm not going to make the effort to compare those. Overall, UC seems like the better comp, although this one is shorter and so generally I would prefer that. However, in this case, Dillinger has no truly great albums, but a large catalog of great songs, so the longer comp is probably preferable. Plus, I already have it, so I'll stop there. Certainly not going to pick this up for one good and one great song.

No comments:

Post a Comment