Sunday, December 1, 2019

Buck 65 - Weirdo Magnet: 8 (A-)


Upped from honorable mention. Perhaps I was not listening very well when I designated it as that. This is the Warner's CD reissue version. The original cassette version is very long, and not as good in my estimation (I have the digital files). I may have been playing the original cassette version in fact when I gave it an honorable mention, I don't remember. At that time, I don't think I was aware of the whole "totally different Warner's reissue version" problem with Buck 65. That would make sense because I do think that original cassette version is only an honorable mention. This is in contrast with Synesthesia, where the original version (in that case also on CD) is better than the Warner's CD reissue version. Although, to my mind, the Warner's CD reissue version of Synesthesia is also worth having in its own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment