Saturday, March 31, 2018

Various Artists - The Concert for Bangladesh: 3.5 stars


Unlike many, I think this concert is fairly good, but not because of the 5 Dylan songs, which I find a little on the boring side. I also am not a huge fan of the Shankar piece. What I really like are the Harrison performances, with Clapton on guitar. And I would even shitcan the Abbey road songs “Something” and “Here Comes the Sun.” I’m talking about the Harrison solo originals, above all Wah-Wah. What I would really do is take Sides 2 and 3, delete the track “Band Introduction,” and swap in “Bangla Desh.” That would be a very good single album from the night. All in all, I'm not going to spring for the remastered CD of this when all I want is the equivalent of two sides. And I'm definitely not going for the old school expensive vinyl on this. This one will have to live in my memory of the vinyl my parents had when I was young. The only good album they ever had, and they only had about 3 or 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment