Sunday, March 26, 2017

Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music for Airports: 7 (B+)


I finally completed a close study of Eno's Ambient series and related works from the late 70s/early 80s. Even though I love Another Green World (probably in my top 10 or 20 albums of all time), I'd never really fully investigated these albums. After listening to each one three times, these are the ones I am skipping, right or wrong (Ambient 3: Day of Radiance is by Laraaji, merely produced by Eno -- see separate review):

Ambient 4: On Land -- Hard to latch onto
Music for Films -- Kind of in Ambient 4 territory; distinction not cost-effective

And I am also thoroughly familiar with the following, which are more or less in the same Eno category, and will maybe get around to grading them someday: Discreet Music, Fourth World Vol. 1: Possible Musics, The Pearl, Ambient 2: Plateaux of Mirror (with Harold Budd), Apollo: Atomospheres & Soundtracks (with Daniel Lanois & Roger Eno)

No comments:

Post a Comment